RÜEGER S.A. and its group companies (Rüeger) is committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that you continue to trust Rüeger with your personal data. When you interact with us, you may share personal information with us which allows identification of you as an individual (e.g. name, email address, address, telephone number). This is known as “personal data”.
This notice (Privacy Notice) sets out:
- Scope and acceptance
- Personal data collected by Rüeger
- Why Rüeger collects personal data and how it uses it
- Sharing of personal data by Rüeger
- Your rights
- Data security and retention
- How to contact us
1. Scope and acceptance of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with our products and services we offer.
By using Rüeger websites or through Rüeger branded pages or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use Rüeger Sites or give us any personal data.
Rüeger reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal data may be used.
2. Data collected by Rüeger
Rüeger may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including through:
- Online and electronic interactions with us, including via Rüeger Sites and CRM;
- Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards and contacts through Rüeger call centres;
2.1 Data that you provide to us directly
This is data that you provide to us with your consent for a specified purpose, including:
- Personal contact information, including any information allowing Rüeger to contact you in person (e.g. name, home or (e)mail address, and phone number);
- Demographic information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. zip code, city and state and geo-location), favourite products ;
- Payment information, including to make purchases (e.g. billing address);
- Account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish a user account with Rüeger (e.g. login ID/email, user name, password);
2.2 Data that we collect when you interact with Rüeger Sites
2.3 Data collected from other sources
We may collect information about you from other legitimate sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services. Such sources include third party data aggregators, Rüeger promotional partners and public sources. Such information may include:
- personal contact information; and
- any personal data that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. LinkedIn) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID). You can learn more about the data that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
We may also receive personal data about individuals when we acquire other companies.
3. Why Rüeger collects personal data and how it uses it
Rüeger collects and uses personal data only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. Rüeger may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- Orders - to process and ship your orders and to inform you about the status of your orders.
- Account maintenance - to create and maintain your accounts with us, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account.
- Personalisation - Rüeger may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with data collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides Rüeger with a more complete view of you as a consumer, which, in turn, allows Rüeger to serve you better and with greater personalisation, including in respect of the following:
- Marketing communications - to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about Rüeger, its products and services). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. emails and online advertising) and via post.
4. Sharing of personal data by Rüeger
Rüeger does not share your personal data with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes.
Rüeger may share your personal data with third parties for other purposes, but only in the following circumstances:
Rüeger may provide your personal data to its affiliates or related companies for legitimate business purposes.
4.2 Service providers
Rüeger may engage service providers, agents or contractors to provide services on its behalf, including to administer Rüeger Sites and services available to you. These third parties may come to access or otherwise process your personal data in the course of providing these services.
Rüeger requires such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Rüeger Site or service, to comply with all relevant data protection laws and security requirements in relation to your personal data.
4.3 Legal requirements and business transfer
Rüeger may disclose your personal data if it is required to do so by law or if, in Rüeger’s good faith judgment, such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any claims.
In the event of a full or partial merger with, or acquisition of all or part of Rüeger by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that Rüeger business, which could include personal data.
5. Your rights
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications about Rüeger contacting us.
Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from Rüeger, such as order confirmations and notifications about your account activities (e.g. account confirmations and password changes).
5.1 Access and rectification
You have a right to request access to your personal data. You may send us a request for access.
You also have the right to request that Rüeger correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. If you have an account with Rüeger for a Rüeger Site, this can usually be done through the appropriate "your account" or "your profile" section(s) on the Rüeger Site (if available). Otherwise, you can send us a request to rectify your data.
6. Data security and retention
6.1 Data security
In order to keep your personal data secure, Rüeger has implemented a number of security measures, including:
- Secure operating environments - Rüeger stores your data in secure operating environments and only accessible to Rüeger employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. Rüeger also follows generally accepted industry standards in this respect.
- Prior authentication for account access - Rüeger requires its registered consumers to verify their identity (e.g. login ID and password) before they can access or make changes to their account. This is aimed to prevent unauthorized accesses.
Rüeger will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into account also our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
7. Contact us
Rüeger acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or Rüeger’s personal data collection practices, pleasecontact us online at email@example.com, or in writing to RÜEGER S.A., Case postale 98, Ch. de Mongevon 9, CH-1023 Crissier, Switzerland.